Sunrise over the Cascades
Getting to Indianapolis was my most challenging airport experience, ever. Considering I was bringing one of my cats on the plane, Shino (Malika flew on another flight with Onni), I did my best to get to the airport early. Lindsey, bless her heart, picked us up in the world's smallest 2-door hatchback and after some serious discussion by three architects-to-be, we managed to actually get the trunk to close with 7 bags and 2 cats in lap.
At the airport, the NorthWest line snaked back and forth in one area, and then again in another area, and then another line that wrapped back around the corner and all along the back hall to security. Needless to say, passengers and their families were livid. I have no idea what happened, but I think it had something to do with so much baggage, and several giant international flights, but once I finally made it through line I had all of 10 minutes to catch my flight.
I put Shino on the top of the wheelie cart and started running towards security. I abandoned the cart, slid through the "black diamond" security line, and then ran full clip, cat bouncing in my arms, along the length of the airport, barely making it to the underground train before it pulled away. When I made it to my gate it was a minute or two 'till departure. I boarded the plane of relaxed waiting passengers- a crazy flushed, sweaty, and panting woman clutching a frightened animal. I found my seat , and they immediately closed the door behind me. Poor Shino, after all I put him through, made it though the entire trip without a peep - even with the screaming child next to me...
When I got to Indy, one of my bags never manged to make it out of Seattle (on my direct flight), and was delivered the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment