So after a 6 hour car ride to Delhi, frustrations with swiss air's 20 kg bag limit (total) (only to be partially made up with bars of swiss chocolate given out on board), a 9 hour flight to Zürich (in which I nearly lost my ability to say I made it through India without being stricken with a horrible abdominal illness), a two hour flight to Roma, a train ride into downtown, and two blocks to the hostel, I'm finally here in la dolce vita, bella bella Roma. I had my first meal, insalata caprese - I have been dreaming about it for weeks now. Rome seems so calm, peaceful, and clean compared to India. So quiet. I bet there are not many travelers that say that when getting to know this city. The Zürich airport was so quiet (and packed full of people) I thought I had lost my hearing. I just can't get over how beautiful everything and everyone is here, it is like being inside a painting - the lighting is perfection.
We check into out apartments tomorrow, and there is a reception in the center in the evening. I think classes start the next day. I should be able to get some photos up in the next few days. I'm so happy to have reliable internet again (though the techno-vacation was well deserved).
Ciao,
Jessica
taquerías de seattle.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment